Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Inner Life of an Intern

I've been working as a casting intern at Manhattan Theatre Club for just about two weeks now, and there hasn't really been a dull moment since I started. Besides fielding phone calls and filing headshot/resumes, there are lots of other tasks to be done, like finding out actor availibity for an upcoming project, putting together audition materials, and assembling sides (sections of the script that an actor reads during auditions). It's a great office to intern for because everyone is really willing to take the time to teach me what needs done. I also work some nights at the front desk of MTC, which is a really nice way to make some extra money. And today I had lunch with one of the other new interns from the Literary department. Lots of fun; I think we're going to try and get all of the interns together after work on Thursday night, get to know each other and relax before the long weekend.

In other news, I checked out the new gym that opened up near me yesterday. It's nice, though a bit crowded (no surprise at 7:00pm). It's very basic, only sporting cardio and weight equipment, which lets them charge only $10 a month - a great thing for a new grad like me! After that, I settled in for some script reading... a task which I return to now...

No comments:

Post a Comment